Friday, May 10, 2013

"Image of the day: Shaman by Simone Ludeman"

Simone Ludeman is an illustration student at the University of Westminster. She has created a powerful series of contemporary shamanic images. In a recent interview with Computer Arts Magazine, Simone had this to say about her art: "I’ve always been interested in different cultures, so I set myself a brief inspired by indigenous tribes. All the images represent health issues: for example, fertility, insomnia, death and the image of the day is the shaman. I was interested in shamanism because of how different the processes of healing is to our own.  I’m generally drawn to subjects of a spiritual or surreal nature. My inspiration comes from experience. I feel it’s something you subconsciously absorb. I tend to include a lot of pattern and embellishment within my illustrations." Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment