Sunday, June 25, 2017

Owl Medicine

Great Horned Owl
Owl medicine includes prophecy, wisdom, stealth, silence, intuition, clairvoyance, clairaudience, shapeshifting, and keen vision that can pierce all illusion. Owls and hawks possess the keenest eyesight of all raptors, giving them broad vision. Call upon Owl to unmask and see what is truly beneath the surface -- what is hidden or in the shadows. Night Eagle, as Owl is called, is the bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom. Owl is a messenger of omens who will call out to let all share in its vision.

I have felt a close kinship with owls for most of my life. Over the years, I have had many encounters with these stealthy raptors. Great Horned Owl is one of my guardian spirits and helps me see the true reality, beyond illusion and deceit. I am able to grasp the inner truth of the matter at hand. Inner truth reflects, like a mirror, the higher, universal truth that exists in every situation. With the power of truth as my guide, I can readily adapt and flow with the shifting currents of change. 

Many people have a fear of owls and owl medicine. Contemplate what it means if you're not comfortable with an animal. If you dislike or are afraid of an animal, it's especially important to connect with it and learn its wisdom. The message it holds for you will be particularly meaningful. Power animals help us connect to the parts of ourselves that we've lost or denied, so it may be mirroring a trait or quality that is ready to come back to help you be in your wholeness. Click here to view my music video "Twilight Owls" from my album Shaman's Drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment