Sunday, February 24, 2013

Terence McKenna's Time Wave Theory

I discovered Terence McKenna's 1975 book, The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens and the I Ching while researching my 1997 book, I Ching: The Tao of Drumming. I was fascinated by McKenna's theory that the I Ching's King Wen sequence of the 64 hexagrams represents a wave model of time. I spent hours trying to decipher the complexities of the "Time Wave Theory" in order to write about it in my own book. Simply put, the King Wen sequence is a symbolic blueprint of the unfolding continuum of time in which events and situations recur on many different scales of duration. Each hexagram represents a unique yet integral wave cycle within the continuum. Many reputable scientists and physicists have embraced it. It has broken the barriers between esoteric philosophy and pragmatism. And, as you will see, its discovery is predicted within the theory itself. Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment