Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Welcome to the Shamanic Drumming Blog

My name is Michael Drake. I am a writer and drummer. My journey into rhythm began in 1989 when I met Mongolian American shaman Jade Wah'oo Grigori. Jade's ancient knowledge of drumming and healing rhythms was most influential in putting together my first book, The Shamanic Drum. I had a deep respect for the powerful rhythms and drum ways of Jade's tradition, but I had to follow my own path of rhythm. Though Jade was my mentor, the drum became the guiding force in my life. It led me to explore the rhythms of many of the world's shamanic traditions. Inspired by my studies, research, and experiences, I founded Talking Drum Publications in 1991 in order to publish books and recordings related to shamanic drumming. For many years I published the Talking Drum Newsletter featuring articles and upcoming events. I am turning the newsletter into an online journal for posting news, events, and commentary related to shamanic drumming. My mission is to build a global community devoted to shamanic drumming as a vehicle for healing, consciousness expansion, and community building. I hope you will join me. Shamanic Drumming.

No comments:

Post a Comment